SkySafe develops comprehensive airspace management tools for stadiums, airports, cities, and more. We’re building the ground infrastructure that will make sure drones have a positive impact on quality of life as they become more prevalent and useful in society. Our technology is built on a network of software-defined radios to enable rapid iteration and flexibility to a wide range of systems.
We are a small team of multi-talented engineers with interests in embedded design, radio, security, and aviation. We value diverse backgrounds and thinking, involvement in open source communities, and ensuring that engineers are equipped with high-quality tools and continuing education. Existing team members hail from UCSD, MIT, the US Air Force, and the US Navy.
All positions are on-site in San Diego, CA, with optional light travel. To apply for any position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a project portfolio.
No recruiters, please.
Current Open Positions
Reverse Engineering Analyst
- Stay on the forefront of drone product development and releases.
- Research capabilities and features of new systems, worldwide.
- Analyze hardware and software components, protocols, and data formats.
- Produce and maintain internal documentation of system features and interfaces.
- Stay up to date with developments in tools and software for embedded device reverse engineering and analysis.
- 5+ years of experience reverse-engineering hardware and software systems.
- Proficiency with software-defined radio frameworks and instruments.
- Experience with radio communication systems, modulation techniques, error-correction algorithms, etc.
- Experience with a range of embedded protocols, including USB, ethernet, I2C, SPI, CAN, etc.
- Experience with IDA Pro and embedded software reversing a plus.
- Develop and maintain software for a range of components, including:
- Embedded systems (C++)
- Coordination servers (Python)
- Mobile applications (Java and Swift)
- Conceive and develop internal tools to support the work of software developers, reverse-engineers, and operations teams.
- Work in a team environment, leveraging version control systems, issue trackers, and messaging tools.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering.
- A well-developed portfolio of past software development, composed of some mixture of professional work, open source contributions, and personal projects.
- Proficiency with modern software development practices, using tools such as Git, GitHub, continuous integration servers, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have experience with a diverse range of development environments, including mobile, backend/database, distributed systems, embedded, and digital signal processing.
Mobile Application Engineer
- Develop and maintain Android (Java) and iOS (Swift) apps to control the SkySafe system.
- Manage deployment and provisioning processes.
- Apply and maintain best practices for mobile native apps.
- Work with internal and external UI design resources.
- Gather analytics data and empirical feedback from customer use.
- Proficiency with either XCode or Android Studio; a desire to become proficient in the other.
- A well-developed portfolio of past mobile app development, composed of some mixture of professional work, open source contributions, and personal projects.
- The ideal candidate will have basic UI design skills and a developed aesthetic sense.