Drone airspace management is a rapidly growing and vitally important industry, and SkySafe is leading the way. Our commitment to protecting against threats while safely integrating commercial drones into the national airspace sets us apart.
SkySafe's technology allows governments, law enforcement, airports, corporations, cities, and more to manage their airspace with real-time drone data and analytics.
Proud Board Member and Thought Leader for the Commercial Drone Alliance
The commercial drone industry delivers humanitarian gains and economic and environmental benefits.
Our core values are the foundation of SkySafe, and they guide everything we do and how we do it. Whether you’re part of our team or a client, you will experience these values in every interaction with our company.
Our products address a deep-seated need to feel safe, and we never lose sight of that. We serve our clients, our global community, and our common good.
In an industry like ours, trust is paramount. We are dedicated to honest and direct communication without exception.
Our company is built on grit and faith in each other. Our strong roots have given us an unshakable “Can Do” attitude in all that we undertake.
We trust, believe in, and rely on one another, and we partner with our customers – always listening closely to their unique wants and needs.
VP of Finance and Operations
VP of Marketing
"Drones present as much opportunity as risk, and we've made it our job to help clients safely manage both."
SkySafe has attracted the best minds in hardware security, reverse engineering, digital signal processing, and software defined radio. Join our fast-growing team.
We are looking for an experienced Channel Manager to join our fast-growing team. The Channel Manager will play a key role in growing the business in the defense, homeland security, law enforcement, and commercial markets including airports, correctional facilities and more. They will serve as our partners’ point of contact to SkySafe product and service catalogue. They will work with key partners to initiate business discussions around their onboarding, training, enablement, and sales needs. The position will lead the learning and understanding how a partners’ stated needs intersect with our products and capabilities and develop intuitive programs to address them. In addition, they will maintain close ties with our partners in core markets in the U.S., North America, and around the globe.
- Identify, recruit, and onboard new channel partners within assigned territory
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals by developing a partner influenced pipeline and close business through solution selling
- Leverage in-depth knowledge specific to the UAV/counter drone technologies to present and sell SkySafe’s cloud services and critical infrastructure sectors
- Implement relationship development plans and understand partners' goals to increase revenue growth and customer satisfaction with channel partners.
- Be a voice of the partner for their success and engagement within SkySafe
- Create action plans and schedules to increase sales volume in the territory
- Collaborate with the marketing team to establish partner recruitment activities within an assigned territory
- Maintain relationships with customers by providing support, information, and guidance on current and emerging capabilities within the company
- 5+ years’ experience working as a partner manager, alliance manager, or channel manager in a complex solution selling team
- Strong relationships within one or more verticals - Airports and Aviation, Department of Justice, Dept. of Homeland Security, or the federal government at large
- Business acumen and work experience within US Government (federal and public) defense sector channel sales
- Strong communicator and collaborator; mastery in managing stakeholder community and influencing leadership
- Able to move forward and deliver results in changing environments
- Ability to learn new tools and develop processes to support business needs
- Proven track record of partners satisfaction during the onboarding process
- Ability to build, grow, validate, and maintain a pipeline of partner identified and qualified opportunities
- Proven cross-functional influential leadership
We are looking for an experienced Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our fast-growing team in San Diego, CA. The position will design, implement, and maintain an integrated code and asset production build and deployment pipeline consisting of tools, automation and infrastructure. As a Cloud DevOps Engineer, you will make our engineers more efficient, our software more secure and robust.
- Build, scale and maintain secure cloud infrastructure, tools and systems that support our services and allow engineers to deliver high quality work
- Design, build, and maintain monitoring and alerting systems for infrastructure and services
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipeline infrastructure supporting the entire software development lifecycle
- Analyze and solve deep technical problems, providing mitigations, root cause analyses, and comprehensive postmortem reporting
- Maintain and support the release and deployment processes and toolset
- Manage network and application monitoring tools
- Assist in troubleshooting bottlenecks at the hardware, software, or network level and identify root cause
- Troubleshoot application alerts from monitoring tools and follow necessary playbook steps to resolve or escalate appropriately
- Identify areas to improve and scale our infrastructure
- Develop tools and utilities to diagnose and fix problems
- Maintain high quality technical documentation
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience as DevOps/Cloud Engineering
- Strong knowledge computer science fundamentals: networking, databases, and distributed systems
- Fluent in at least one language: Python and C++
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting systems and tools
- Enjoy solving problems and helping others meet their goals
- Experience scripting/coding skills (i.e., Python, BASH, Shell scripting) for automation
- Experience in writing & maintaining Infrastructure as Code
- Experience development & maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience configuration management tools, including Ansible
- Experience managing, migrating and querying relational databases (SQL)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Flexible attitude and ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirements and business needs
- Experience of engineering and supporting production services in a modern cloud environment
We are looking for our first Customer Success Manager to build and scale the Account Management organization and serve on our leadership team. This will be a high impact role that influences customer satisfaction through all stages of the customer lifecycle from onboarding to renewals.
- Set the vision and plan for the Account Management organization with a focus on product adoption, customer experience and growth through renewals and upselling
- Design a customer feedback collection processes to inform our product development roadmap and ensure the voice of the customer is heard throughout the company
- Serve as a point of escalation for team members and customers
- Build and lead a high performing team that is customer focused and works collaboratively across SkySafe functions
- Establish metrics and goals to assess performance and drive continuous improvement
- Become a trusted source for our customers and build SkySafe’s reputation for world class customer service
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent professional experience
- 5 - 7 years of total work experience
- Enthusiastic and creative team leader with the ability to inspire others, and a track record of high employee engagement
- Experience in building and scaling an account management function at a startup
- Pre and post-sales experience is essential
- Experience working within federal, state, and local governments sales
- A good understanding of customer success methodologies and practices including (but not limited to) segmentation, customer journey, and customer health scoring
- Expertise in user requirement identification, customer input, VOC & market research.
- Highly effective at dealing with change and ambiguity as business needs shift responding well under pressure and demonstrating flexibility while ensuring compliance
- Strong written, presentation and verbal executive communication
- Comfortable working across functional to build account management processes
- Effectively manage time and priorities without supervision
We are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our fast-growing team in San Diego, CA. The position will be responsible for the overall development and implementation of front and back-end software applications. The responsibilities will extend from designing system architecture to high-level programming, performance testing, and systems integration. The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills with python, SQL, frontend experience with Vue.js and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Contribute to the end-to-end development process - from conception to deployment - for both backend and frontend.
- Design and implement scalable web services, applications, and APIs that are intuitive and user-friendly.
- Provide expertise in database design and best practices in software development
- Test, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues.
- Identify bottlenecks and improve software efficiency.
- Contribute to technical documentation
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer engineering, computer science or similar field
- 5+ years relevant professional experience in full stack engineering writing professional production code and tests
- Extensive experience using modern backend and frontend technologies, including python (asyncio, starlette, SQLAlchemy), PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and VueJS.
- Knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of engineering best practices such as testing, and conducting code reviews
- An in-depth understanding of common design patterns and anti-patterns
- Excellent communication skills written and oral
We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Executive, Aviation to join our fast-growing team. The Senior AE will generate leads, making sales calls, continuously update our CRM, and meet sales targets. They will build rapport with customers and close sales. In addition to a close working relationship with prospective and current clients, they will also maintain close ties with SkySafe’s partners in core markets in the U.S., North America, and around the globe.
- Assist in growing the business in airports across the United States
- Manage entire sales cycle from prospecting, acquiring new customers, and onboarding them to our platform
- Develop sale opportunities by researching and identifying potential accounts, soliciting new clients, building rapport, and providing virtual and in-person presentations
- Participate in exhibitions or conferences as a SkySafe representative
- Manage, track, and report sales activities and results
- Maintain consistent levels of activity to reach Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) and annual revenue goals.
- Strong relationships within Airports and Aviation across the United States
- 5+ years’ experience working as a sales executive in a complex solution selling team
- Business acumen and work experience within federal, state, and local governments, as that work relates to aviation/airport sales
- Strong communicator and collaborator; mastery in managing stakeholder community and influencing decision making
- Ability to assess, adapt, and deliver results in changing environments
- Ability to learn new tools and develop processes to support business needs
- Ability to build, grow, validate, and maintain a pipeline of personally identified and qualified opportunities
- High energy, charismatic, and innovative leader who operates with a daily sense of urgency
- Startup and/or physical security sales experience a plus!
We are looking for an experienced Staff Electrical Engineer to join our team in San Diego, CA. The position will contribute throughout the design process for PCBAs, RF systems, wiring harnesses, and firmware. In addition to developing new designs, they will work directly with other engineering teams to troubleshoot issues, do mechanical integration, and improve current designs. The ideal candidate will be passionate, highly skilled, and have experience managing the engineering needs of a product throughout its lifecycle. This is a great opportunity to have a big impact on a small, fast moving team.
- Design RF, high-speed, and mixed signal circuit boards.
- Manage end-to-end design process, including schematic capture, PCB layout, and manufacturing files.
- Work with our PCB fabrication partners to fix design rule violations.
- Build, test, and validate prototype circuit boards.
- Assist with firmware development.
- Participate in design reviews.
- Maintain high-quality project documentation.
- Work closely with our radio, software, and mechanical teams throughout the product life cycle.
- Provide engineering support for existing products.
- Five or more years industry experience; MS in electrical engineering preferred.
- Successful history of PCB design, layout, and manufacture using industry standard tools—preferably Altium Designer.
- Knowledgeable in RF, high-speed, and mixed-signal circuit design and analysis.
- Experience with best practices for EMI/EMC, ESD and RF signal routing.
- Solid understanding of PCB layout techniques for improving manufacturability and reliability.
- Experience using electronics lab equipment (e.g. oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.) and a desire to work in a hands-on environment.
- Collaborate well with a diverse team of engineers.
- Desire to work at a fast-growing start-up.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our fast-growing team in San Diego, CA. The position will be responsible developing, testing, and maintaining software that processes wireless data and connects various hardware and software defined radios to the broader SkySafe network of sensors. The responsibilities will extend from designing system architecture to high-level programming, performance testing, and systems integration. The ideal candidate will have strong experience python and C++ and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Integrate wireless R&D into production software
- Design, develop, test, and maintain internal C++ and Python framework
- Design and produce with whole system in mind
- Lead the architecture, design, development, and launch of core software products
- Design and deploy a scalable platform to support a world-class machine learning team
- Scale and deploy machine learning algorithms
- Lead end-to-end development of large-scale systems
- Understand customer needs and translate into technical solutions
- Advocate for software quality
- 3+ years’ experience developing production software
- Proficient in Python 3, modern C++, and Linux systems
- Knowledge of distributed systems design patterns, security, and infrastructure
- Knowledge of wired and wireless networking and web service fundamentals
- Communicator, designer, debugger, self-sufficient
- Passion for quality software
- Growth and leadership mentality
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying a secure, reliable, robust, and scalable platform
- Strong, hands-on experience solving complex technical problems at scale
- Excellent communication skills
We are looking for all levels of wireless engineers to design and implement wireless receiver algorithms for drones and related technologies. If you love developing optimized receiver algorithms for a wide variety of wireless protocols, then SkySafe would like to hear from you!
If you would like to learn new skills and poke around interesting systems while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in an entirely new industry, then SkySafe might be right for you.
We’re continuing to grow the world’s leading team on drone security. Drone airspace management is a rapidly growing and vitally important industry and SkySafe is leading the way. Our commitment to protecting against threats while safely integrating commercial drones into the national airspace sets us apart. Having recently closed our Series B round of funding, we can’t wait to expand and continue development of our technology to assist governments, law enforcement, airports, corporations, cities, and more to manage their airspace with real-time drone data and analytics.
Come join our growing team in our San Diego office. Enjoy perks such as daily free lunch, full health and wellness benefits, unlimited PTO, gym membership reimbursement, and flexible work hours.
If you would like to learn new skills and poke around interesting systems while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in an entirely new industry, then SkySafe might be right for you!
- Identify system-level optimization opportunities for our wireless receivers
- Design and implement algorithmic and architectural optimizations in a software defined radio (SDR) platform
- Literature research, prototyping, and document novel receiver algorithms
- Work in a team environment, leveraging version control systems, issue trackers, and messaging tools.
- MS with 5+ years of experience or PhD with 2+ years of experience specialized in communication receiver design and analysis.
- Good understanding of modern communication systems such as TDMA, OFDM, LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Experience with Matlab, Python, and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation.
- Proficiency with modern software development practices, using tools such as Git, GitHub, continuous integration servers, etc.
- Experience with SIMD vectorization, such as SSE, AVX, and NEON is a plus.
- Familiarity with SDR software such as GNU Radio, RFNoC, liquid-dsp, or libhackrf is a plus.
- Experience with Ettus Research hardware is a plus.
- Experience with the design and evaluation of RF systems including electronic warfare, radar, spectrum sensing, and communications is preferred.
- Self guided, displaying a diversity of skills and strong initiative.